Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.
March 18, 2019
In unsettling times such as this it is good that we continue to find direction in our faith and connection with our church family. The Executive and church staff met to set some goals and begin plans for Trinity church over the next few months. At this time, all church programs are cancelled and will remain so until a time when the government lifts restrictions on gatherings and social distancing. We encourage members to connect via phone calls or other electronic means. We have plans for how people can begin to do so, which we will begin to detail below. Everything won't be perfect to start, but we will continue to learn and grow as we go.
First, although there are many difficult things about this time, we can find opportunities as well! We can use this time to reconnect with family and with our faith. We have established a few goals to frame Trinity's plans moving forward:
1. Continue to authentically worship. We desire familiar communal worship that provides comfort and maintains a solid foundation, and also facilitates a connection with people we know and love.
2. Use this time to strengthen or create healthy spiritual habits.
3. Create or continue meaningful connections with our family of believers.
4. Find ways to serve our community.
Some initial steps we are committing to:
As a Church, we will maintain a form of Sunday morning worship.
- The pastors will lead an "empty" service that will stream to the Emmanuel Home and will be streamed live via the Zoom app, so most people have an opportunity to connect live.
- We will attempt to maintain some form of worship/music, but this may take a week or two to set up in a safe way for the musicians
- We will continue to do Lord's Supper. Pastor Rich will send out prepatory information in the next few days for this.
The Pastoral Staff will be creating ways to connect with Christ and with each other
- Pastor Michael and Pastor Rich are creating devotions, studies, and will be looking at how to foster groups to continue to "meet" virtually and will be communicating this over the next few weeks.
- Pastor Hilary will connect virtually with the youth.
- We encourage all families to find a time in their day to set aside for family devotions.
- the deacons will be meeting this evening to set up plans so we can safely and effectively serve our community
- the deacons encourage you, if you are able, to download The Bridge app. We will have a collection time in our Sunday morning services.
- we are going to create a database to match individuals who can help with those who need assistance at this time:
Currently, if you are able and willing to help pick up groceries or medications, or to make phone calls to those who can't participate in our community online, etc, please email the Clerk, so we can connect you to a need
What can you do now?
1. Pray and do devotions individually and/or with your family.
2. Call or message both your friends and family, and those you know who may be feeling isolated at this time.
3. Follow all regulations and recommendations from Alberta Health and government authorities. Be a part of the solution to keep our society safe.
4. Get the free ZOOM conferencing app downloaded on your computer and phone. (zoom.us) Complete instructions are on our Facebook page and website and will follow in an email from the church office. We are going to use this to connect with each other in many ways over the next few weeks. If you need any assisstance, you can reply to this email. (I've helped stodgy English professors who don't use technology to work it out, so you'll be able to figure it out as well!)
We will continue to communicate and connect as much as needed and are confident that God goes before us in all we do.
See you (online) on Sunday!
Trinity CRC Executive & Pastors
NOTE: If you have not received any email information from the Church Pastors, we do not have your email address so please forward that to us if you wish to be added. Thank you
Our staff and Executive are working hard to set up what Trinity Community will look like in this time where we are being asked to stay at home!
Download the Bridge App
Follow us on Facebook
Site powered by Weebly. Managed by SiteGround